Body Comfort Back & Large Joints Cold Gel Beads
Therapeutic Cold Pack (With Cryotherapy Bead Technology)
Why cold treatment?
Body Comfort cold packs are filled with small cryotherapy gel beads which decrease circulation below the skin surface, reducing inflammation. These beads retain their coldness for up to 2 hours.
When is it used?
Anyone who has ever sprained or twisted an ankle or pulled a muscle knows that cold is your friend. Bruises, insect bites, and repetitive strain injuries, such as tendinitis, also respond well to treatment with cold packs. Cold therapy can help people with muscle spasms, whiplash, and various forms of arthritis as well.
Body Comfort cold packs are very effective at reducing swelling and numbing pain. The sooner that you apply a Body Comfort cold pack to a sprain or strain, the sooner it can do its job reducing pain and swelling. General rule of thumb is to ice an injury over a period of 24 to 72 hours. Use Body Comfort cold packs in 20-minute intervals every two to four hours.
- Deep therapy for large joints and muscles
- Relieve pain, swelling and inflammation quickly
- Soothing relief anytime, anywhere
- Perfect for sports injuries, arthritis, back pain and headaches
How to Use:
- Place Gel Pack flat in freezer for at least 2 hours for first time use (for repeat treatments place pack in freezer for 30 minutes).
- Remove cold Gel Pack from freezer and place in a towel before applying, to protect the skin from frostbite.
- Cold compress therapy is medically recommended within the first 72 hours following most sprains, strains or minor injuries.
- Never apply cold therapy longer than 20 minutes at a time.
- Apply to the insulated cold Gel Pack to the affected area for approximately 25 minutes, elevating the injury if possible.
- Return the Gel pack to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- During treatment, inspect the skin every 5 minutes where compress is applied. If any discoloration or redness occurs discontinue treatment at once.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times for single treatment. Repeat treatment several times each day until pain or swelling subsides.
- CAUTION: For external use only. Do not use on infants. Do not ingest contents. Do not use for purposes other than as intended. Check with your doctor before use on broken, irritated, highly sensitive or insensitive skin. Use only under adult supervision.
- This product should always be wrapped in a cloth or towel and should not be applied directly to the skin to avoid frostbite and burns.
- NEVER PLACE THIS PRODUCT IN A MICROWAVE OVEN
- CLEANING - Clean cold gently with mild soap after use.